On friends...

When your child has no siblings, it's important to have a nice set of friends to play with. We have managed to meet wonderful parents and their awesome children in town. It's not something I take for granted. This doesn't just happen and it doesn't just happen anywhere. Meeting new people is difficult after a certain age. Finding people you genuinely like and enjoy spending time with, like minded adults that you connect with.

When August was much tinier, I found myself in isolated, small towns that didn't have much to offer children or their parents. I didn't meet anyone. We had these long and quiet days together, and I welcomed them. I enjoyed my one on one time with my brand new little girl. When I craved contact with other women and found that keeping in touch online was really all I needed at the time. I'm very much an introvert. However, since she was two years old I noticed that my child really enjoyed the company of others and I was happy to be in Austin once again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home