Our Town. When we went to watch the movie Wonder, it was the scene where they are acting out Our Town for the school play that just made my emotions explode. It was hard not to turn the tears off after that. I once saw the play and I was a mess.

So now that August and I are part of the rat race, the lessons from Our Town, the rules by which I have tried hard to live by, most of my adult life, are more important than ever. I try hard to be able to make the mornings peaceful, lots of prepping the night before. Then making an effort to slow it down once I wake up. We sit for a short breakfast, have our music going, light the tree. Then turn everything off and lock the door, on our way into the vehicle where we try to continue our morning with our power song and catching up,lots of "I love yous", then park and close another door. We spend some time together saying good bye again and I walk out another door and drive away for several hours, long, pain hours spent doing things that have no impact on us or my life at all other than a paycheck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home