Minutiae here, minutiae there

Hearing all the news about air travel makes me just not want to fly. I love trains though.

Neckties and pantyhose are becoming extinct I heard. The problem here is comfort and aesthetics. Those thin, silk mid-century neckties are awesome. I think they look great on a man and personally, I can't trust a man who doesn't own at least five neckties. They make a guy look dashing. Whenever I come across a thin, vintage necktie, I buy it, take it to the cleaners then give it to my husband. My Sweetie wears them well. Because they are thin and made from silk he says they are not uncomfortable.

Pantyhose, what a disgusting image that conjures up, seamed stockings or nylons are much better. To see women wearing pumps without anything between their feet and the closed toe shoe looks icky to me. Flats are different but I find it unappealing when I think of those closed toe shoes on a 2 inch heel. At the same time, pantyhose (YUK) have become such unattractive contraptions. Totally not sexy. Hanging out of their packaging at the store they look so gross, then advertise having tummy control and binding stuff like that. I can't imagine how anyone can feel normal wearing them. I still have a need for them so I wear seamed nylons and hope they make a huge comeback. Nylons are not the same as those icky pantyhose. The Cuban is especially cool, has a heel seam.. Nylons and garters
Vintage Nylons

Minutiae
1. Swingtown is a fun show
2. Flying sux right now
3. RSL is getting married in August

What is IN in my world:
Pavement's early tunes
Butterscotch Custard: Yummmm
Silkies: Six of them I joined the urban hen movement
A 1970's childhood
Writing
The Paramount


The OUT:
Driving before 8pm
Driving.

Labels: ,