In Between Decades

I missed my chance to see The Cure perform in a venue that was crowded to the max, lacking oxygen but filled with nostalgic hearts. I heard a fight broke out and people walked out bathed in each others sweat. I like hearing that because that's exactly the sort of thing I wouldn't really enjoy and I didn't get a ticket (sour grapes). I thought about it too long, was on the fence for too long, and when I finally decided to go (only because all my friends were going), they sold out. Didn't bug me until the day of and I wondered if I missed something.
I heard they looked great, sounded great and I was becoming so jealous but then I saw photos and I'm glad I didn't go. I have issues with seeing some bands-grow older. Some bands wear their age well and surprise me but others I want to forever remain as they were when they had me swooooooooning (whether they aged well or not, it's who they were to me at the time). The Cure today just can't hold a candle to The Cure of my past. When I hear their recordings it's sublime, those old feelings all come back. To see The Cure now...I just don't want to look, I don't always want to face reality especially when it isn't necessary.

I *HEART* The Cure but it stops with Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me and then {sigh} we parted ways.

Labels: