Cactus Blooms

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may Old time is still a-flying,
And this same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.
~ English poet Robert Herrick (1591-1674)












This is quite true of these cactus flowers. They bloom once a year for one day. I have never seen a cactus bloom. My friend was so lucky to see this and sent me photos. She said that the sight of the cactus blooms lifted her spirits.

To some I might seem totally unambitious but the truth is I am absolutely ambitious in my pursuit of leisure and a stress free life. I don't have a career and I don't want one. The day job I keep is good enough. The company I keep is wonderful. I surround myself with people who are happy to just linger in the moment, no rush and understand what is really important in life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jedimommy said...

Amen! I can't tell you how many times people ask how I enjoy "doing nothing". Stay-at-home Moms do not do "nothing". We are in charge of the children who will be in charge of this earth one day.

I also pursue a stress free life and try to be open to all of the lessons that I believe I was put here to learn.

We all need to look for and appreciate the cactus blooms.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home