Sugar Plum Fairy

I have always wanted to see the Nutcracker with my mother for Christmas.  I love this ballet and we'd watch the version with Baryshnikov that would run on PBS in the early 80's.  The only time we sort of saw the Nutcracker was when I was in it, decades {and decades} ago. We didn't watch it together. I was backstage for half of it and didn't see much. The tickets to the Ballet Austin production of the Nutcracker go on sale in September and I always forget to buy them. By October all the shows are almost sold out; the last row of balcony seats are all that are left.  This year I remembered and bought tickets for the whole family. It was a special event for all of us.

Ballet Austin was impressive and did not disappoint. The dancers, music, costumes and set were all so perfect. The entire production was flawless and surpassed my expectations. I couldn't help but get a bit  misty when the curtains opened.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jedimommy said...

The ballet always makes my heart soar. If you have ever taken a ballet class or know how difficult it is to perform in toe shoes, you appreciate it all the more. It looks like it was a beautiful production.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010  
Blogger sally said...

i used to love going to the nutcracker when i was a kid, especially taking in the sets and costumes. i always get a bit misty at that kind of pageantry, too!

Friday, December 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home