Delapidations

While I find old buildings and relics intriguing, there is no denying the sadness in watching things fall apart. I wish everyone would like to be and could afford to be a preservationist. We visited Del Rio this weekend and found this place. This was one of my favorite houses in town when I was a kid. I had no idea it had fallen into such disrepair. The house is for sale and must be moved. It doesn't look like it can be moved without breaking into a million pieces. I remember when this house looked like a much loved home. Even then I am sure it had seen better days. I always loved the weather vanes. One of them seems to have done better than the other though it is missing it's E.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Francesca said...

Oh, so sad!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011  
Blogger Tera said...

It's these sorts of old homes That I saw as a child that got me dreaming for my own old home one day. I wanted an older house with tiny, tile squares in the bath and a checkered black and white floor and a forgotten rose bush that would be in constant bloom. That is what I got. Although, I would never ler my own home fall into such disrepair :>

Wednesday, January 19, 2011  
Blogger Dar said...

What a charming little house! Your house wish-list included the very things that were on my list as well. So far we have the older & rose bush bits taken care of; hopefully those little tiles & black & white checks will materialize for us in the future. Judging from the owner & her great taste, I'm sure your house is the sweetest place.

It's sad to see homes fall into disrepair, & to see bits of history forgotten & sinking into the ground. Especially when so many people need homes, strikes me as needlessly wasteful.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011  
Blogger Tera said...

Thank you, Dar. xo

I agree, it is wasteful.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011  
Anonymous claudie said...

I love/want that weather vane.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home