Adventures on the horizon...

We find ourselves back in Texas for a few days, preparing and loading for the duration. We will be spending the fall and winter in Maryland and Illinois. I sort through my fall and winter clothing trying hard to keep frigid temperatures in mind. My winters have rarely dipped below 20 degrees for longer than a few hours.  There is some suitable attire due to my fondness for wool pieces. I never thought the collection of heavy clothing that I have been accumulating over the years, much too warm and unnecessary for Texas, would ever be of real use to me.

My sewing machine and our new Ragdoll kitten, Lizzy, will be in tow on this trip. So far, she travels well. I'll have company during the day while I read and try to work on a few projects. She has a wonderful disposition and is so lovely to just look at. I have missed living with an animal. The ability to just let the mind drift away and be nothing but present with them is a wonderful gift. Home is expanding and is now wherever My Guy and my sweet, sweet Lizzy are.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

i kinda like the way you put "to just let the mind drift away and be nothing but present with them..".
so happy for your new, exciting travels...
n♥

Wednesday, September 07, 2011  
Blogger Missa said...

Now that is one precious traveling companion! How fun to have a kitty on board for your adventures. I've been missing having a cat lately.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011  
Blogger Jedimommy said...

That face is all kinds of precious.

Thursday, September 08, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home