"Chelo"

In Del Rio, the bank and a few insurance agents used to pass out ball point pens with white tops and red bottoms that actually provided four different ink colors with the flip of a tab: red, green, blue and black. They were always a treat to play with.


Consuelo "Chelo" Gonzalez Amezcua was a Del Rio resident when I was a little girl. It was years after she passed and I was in junior high that I discovered who she was and what she did with pens like these. I wish I had been old enough to appreciate her when she was alive. 


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

my, my. some powerful images. i'm always stunned at efforts such as these. the time that goes into these! the meditative side too, no doubt...
completely different to andolsek's work, but out come the biro's indeed...

are you dreaming of putting some ball points to paper anytime soon? perhaps design a birth card? ha...!
n♥

Saturday, December 03, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home