Present

















Yesterday My Guy surprised me with a freshly cut tree to decorate. I had been pining for a pine since we got back to Texas but between the miles and the December days running us over, a tree sort of got lost in the shuffle. When I saw him holding the East Texas loblolly pine my heart melted. He had cut it down himself. This tree is by far the best Christmas gift I have ever received and the Christmas tree I will always remember. I grabbed some scissors, construction paper, glue and started on decorations. It felt good to make something again. It was a gray day that turned into a cozy evening. We made a pizza pie for the first time that turned out rather delicious and warmed more than my tummy. I heard it begin to rain as I put the lights on the tree. Christmastime is here, it is hard not to be present.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home