Back in town...

We spent a very short time in Austin this week, too short. It felt like the warmest December in decades when we were there but I loved it. On a beautiful, sunny day we sat in the sun and ate tacos and chalupas at Taco Shack. We were also able to dine at Cheko's where I picked up some tips on making carne asada. It was like I never left, it was like I had been gone forever, it is where I spent all of my adult life until now.

Traveling around I come upon Austin-esque places. Pittsburgh, PA, Bloomington, IN, parts of Indianapolis, IN and Baltimore, MD all contained a little corner that made me feel I was back in Austin. What makes Austin, Austin, are my friends and familiar faces. Every now and then, when in an "Austin place" I search the crowd and for a second think I recognize someone, just for a second.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

that's nice, the austin place.
n♥

Sunday, January 15, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home