On the Road:The Coolest Film Never Made






























Jack Kerouac had the best idea, I thought, to get Brando to play Dean Moriarty while he played Sal Paradise..."with the camera on the front seat of the car showing the road (day and night) unwinding into the windshield, as Sal and Dean yak." How cool and Beat would that have been? Instead, it is all hip movie stars in a period piece that Coppola produced.  

Maybe I'll watch it, maybe I won't but the book thrills me to no end and I'll continue to seek and find whatever refuge, answers, inspirations and on and on from it's pages for as long as I live. However, I cant' stop thinking of how cool it would of been to have footage of Kerouac and Brando, back in 1959 with some Amram in the background.

3 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

i smile, holding your blog quote in mind.
ah.
soon, tera. soon.
n♥

Tuesday, April 10, 2012  
Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

totally, my husband and i writhe over this. wasn't it stupid brando's fault for never responding...how could he do that to the world? yeah i feel rather ho-hum about the newest venture. but at least the book is eternal and perfect.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012  
Blogger Tera said...

It was Brando's fault. So did the letter ever reach him or was he just arrogant?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home