Scents

On our walk today we came upon a yard filled with heirloom rose bushes.  I can never resist sniffing a rose so we had to stop as I took in the scent of a pale pink, tea rose. It was divine. The large and sprawling bush was in full bloom so I plucked a rose as a souvenir. I could not put it down for a second as we continued the walk.  A block or so away and the sweet smell of honeysuckle made me stop. I spotted the vine trailing up a tree and picked some honeysuckle to pair with the rose. The resulting fragrance was one I wish I could be bathed in, soft and sweet. Nothing man made can ever come close. I must have been a bee in a past life. They could be heard buzzing away in the flowering trees above us, in love with their flowers.

My Favorite Flower Scents:
Rose
Honeysuckle
Gardenia
Wisteria
Maid-of-Orleans Jasmine
Freesia
Narcissus

What are yours?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Francesca said...

Lilac (because I have a bunch of them on my kitchen table right now), and wisteria!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

my bestest best scent would have to be syringa vulgaris, the scent of my youth....
as it happens i have two on my grounds (little patch of garden, really).
they were there already...
n♥
x

Tuesday, April 10, 2012  
Blogger Tera said...

Francesca and Woolf, you have both given me new scents I need to try :)

Friday, April 13, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home