Where are you going lonely, lil bug?

The other day I watched a small bug crawl across the ground. I wondered where it was going and why there were no other bugs with it. Was this bug capable of being lonely? Aside from love bugs, I rarely see insects hanging out in pairs, they always seem to be swarming or completely alone.  What does a bug do all day all by his lonesome?  As he continued on his way and out of sight I wondered if it even knew where it was going. Was it lost? I really should stop anthropomorphizing  everything in sight. 

4 Comments:

Blogger flowtops said...

Don't stop. I like it when people anthropomorphize. I do it all the time.

Nicki

PS Have I congratulated you guys yet? If not, congratulations! And if I have, well, congratulations again. Can't get enough congratulations when a family is born!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012  
Anonymous Francesca said...

Perhaps bugs are not gregarious beings? Perhaps they look at us and wonder at our feeling so lonely at times.
How are you and baby doing?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012  
Blogger Tera said...

Thank you, Nickie!
Francesca: I do like your perspective. Baby and I are doing great :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012  
Blogger The Curious Holts said...

I do this too. So does my boy. He says he can hardly STAND not knowing what bugs are thinking about.

Thursday, August 09, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home