She likes my singing voice!

























No one has ever liked my singing or maybe it is that I never have, but that's why I never sang until now. August loves my singing voice and humming, it soothes and calms her.

When I first saw the movie Lost in Translation, the scene where Bob explains to Charlotte what having children is about is my favorite scene in the whole film, and has been for nine years. I thought it was so exquisitely written. I would think about and wonder if it was true, how true was it, if it was, what must that be like, who inspired that scene...

Bob: It gets a whole lot more complicated when you have kids.
Charlotte: That's scary.
Bob: The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born.
Charlotte: Nobody ever tells you that.
Bob: Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life.
Charlotte: That's nice.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lolvalstein said...

Add one more person who loves your singing voice!

Thursday, October 18, 2012  
Blogger Tera said...

XOXO

Friday, October 19, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home