12th Day of Christmas



















It's the twelfth day of Christmas. Six days into 2013. One last photo with August's tree. I am wondering what is in store for us this year. I mail ordered our Rosca de Reyes.  It is the smallest I have ever seen.  It sits waiting patiently for us to cut into it. Who will get the Baby Jesus?












All day long my mind has gone to a forest jungle. This place of pine trees mixed with tropical fronds, waterfalls, ponds, moss, tall trees, tropical flowers, all living there. It was where my feverish dream took place last night. I'd wake up and fall back into it, over and over. I would be hot then cold, it was unpleasant, however, the sights were beautiful. In my dream I wondered if I was walking about the future as if the future was a definite place. I woke up with things on my mind.

What makes the future? Is it our choices built upon choices or is it all a lifetime's accumulation of bad luck and good luck? Is it fate? Everything predestined, synchronicity, serendipity? How much control do we have over the future, our future?

Fortunetellers, horoscopes, astrologist, numerologist.

What about ourselves? What makes us? Has it been choices built upon choices that created who we are at this very moment? What you think of, at any given moment, those fleeting thoughts...are they wholly your own or are they all stemming from a lifetime's accumulation of bad luck and good luck?

Perceptions, experiences, optimists, pessimists.

What role do dreams play in all of this? Those dreams we have while asleep, the ones we have wide awake, the ones we think we are in, the one we chase, the ones we hold close like secrets, the ones we let the whole world in on so they can cheer us on...2013, us, dreams, futures, who we can't help but be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jedimommy said...

I thought I was the only one who thought about this!! Personally, I don't think our lives are predestined. I believe in fate.

But I guess we'll never really know.

Sunday, January 06, 2013  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

i think i'm going to take this post slowly to me. come back to it every so often.
grand stuff.
n♥

Wednesday, January 16, 2013  
Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

i had to catch my breath, read it again, think about each question. some of this i've been wondering too, the choices, the synchronicity...or is it our parents' words and energies, or do we shape ourselves out of the void, how do we remain faithful to our mother's love (this i wonder as i mother constantly.) but luck, and fate, numerology, the cosmos...these are even more distant wonders, conjuring up the spirits of the stars, the dreamlife of the sky, of our own hearts. maybe dreams play in because the answers are written there. this week i will have to pay more attention.

and who got the baby jesus? maybe that bit of good luck will bring about a whole new turn of fortuitous events!

Sunday, January 20, 2013  
Blogger Tera said...

I like this, "maybe dreams play in because the answers are written there."

I got not only one Baby Jesus but two! Twins!

Sunday, January 20, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home