Scenes from a Birthday

I have truly always loved my birthday: the month and day it falls on, magical number 21, I even find the famous people I share it with amusing. I especially love that it is in the spring, I cannot remember waking up to a bad day on my birthday. This year my birthday fell on Family Day and so we went to the zoo.































Later we decided to go to the races. I found the sights and sounds of the racetrack quite intoxicating. Just walking through the lobby I picked up on all the goings on. Hearing the bets being placed, watching how the men watched the screens, the voices and expressions on their faces... Outside at the track there were horses everywhere. A race had just finished. Once we placed a bet, something we learned to do only minutes before the next race, we sat in the evening sun, by the finish line.  We won!
































































Finally, Happy Birthday... The biggest and most gratuitous Pavlova to date. I think I smiled all day, it was  wonderful, special and already, carefully preserved in my heart. I loved my birthday♥

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i love the combination of sweet and gritty, animals and treats and breathless betting. YOU WoN! of course you did. i bet numerologists love the number 21 and would spell out a whirlwind of depth and meaning from those digits. glad you had a beautiful day.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

X
nadine♥
NOW slap me for being a dickhead.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013  
Blogger Tera said...

Thank you, Heather xo
Nadine, never!!!!!!!!!! and never too late :)

Wednesday, May 22, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home