August Time

I have been living with a baby for close to fourteen months now. Still, every morning I am shocked [for all of a few seconds] to find a baby in my bed. This evening the three of us played together in her playroom, around the huge box that has become her little house. It has two doors and a skylight.  Her Papi made it for her. She takes her stuffed animals and baby doll in there.  I have found her sitting quietly in it, slowly turning the pages of her favorite book.

This evening, Jacob and I knocked at her door and she came out. We were her guests. She offered us something to snack on from a plastic cup. Then she brought out her Fisher-Price television to entertain us. We each had an instrument to play along to London Bridge and Row, Row, Row Your Boat. After that activity she brought out her pail of shapes for us all to play, then a book. Jacob and I were in constant amazement of this tiny hostess with the precocious gestures. Who is she?



















Almost every morning we sit outside and admire our little rose bush. We begin with smelling the new roses, something August now does with any flower she sees. She will pluck the roses pull the petals apart and look at each one before putting them in her mouth or shoving them through the space between the boards on the deck.  Our rose bush doesn't seem to mind and gifts us new roses just about every day.

























I try to spot butterflies and when I do, I quickly point them out to her. I keep hoping a butterfly will visit us one day and want to dance around us.  I want August to spend some moments with one. We read about them, see pictures of them and she has one I made for her hanging in her playroom. Real butterflies are just too swift or just out of view.

She comes up with little dances, new ideas for empty boxes and she will melodically string every sound she can make into a song.  She is delightful. Who is she?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Francesca said...

that will always be a mystery. but you as her mother, will come closer than anyone else to knowing her.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013  
Blogger Tera said...

That makes me smile.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

:)))
n♥

Sunday, June 16, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home