Mommy Eyes

Today I opened up my art supply bin, dragged out the watercolor paper, the only four water colors that had not dried out, it's a five year old box of 12, and all my old brushes. I thought if August saw me painting, she would start painting. She hasn't been fond of finger painting.

August enjoyed dipping the brushes into the water and into the paints. She mixed the colors together, and was painting. I was thrilled when I saw what she was creating. So much in fact, I couldn't concentrate on my own project. Before she was even done I already decided I was framing this one. She seemed to love painting with brushes and it will make it easier for me to get back into it. First, we need more paint.

3 Comments:

Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

Oooh what fun, what beauty! I have just barely tipped the iceberg on painting with Lucy, but so far every art project is a winner with her. She is super SUPER into drawing these days. She draws pictures on cards for everyone, pointing and telling me what everything is: a tiny octopus, string beans, grandma Vicky, a ladybug, a balloon.

Thursday, September 18, 2014  
Blogger Tera said...

@Moonshinejunkyard WOW! Lucy is actually drawing pictures!!!! That is awesome!!! August is just drawing circles, straight lines, but hasn't drawn things or people, symbols. Her drawings sound ADORABLE!!!

Thursday, September 18, 2014  
Blogger Francesca said...

my eldest hated getting dirty, and finger painting was never his thing.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home