Winding Down

The way a summer comes to an end...I passed the swimming pool this afternoon as dark clouds rolled over the sun and the wind kicked up a flurry of dried leaves and dead bugs. This week, we skipped our late morning swims because the water has been uncomfortably chilly. We put it off for later in the day but instead have found ourselves settling into a nest of  pillows on my bed to read storybooks or watched some newly discovered Miffy cartoons. From one week to the next things are different, the days are changing. Summer for us is over,

I've noticed that August has started speaking of sweaters and jackets for two weeks now and wanting to go outside dressed cozy. It's still quite,quite warm but I find what her internal clock is telling her very interesting. For me, a change in seasons is marked by the way nostalgic thoughts build and make their way into my days. I no longer dwell with them, sending them off because I am happily at work creating future nostalgic thoughts. 

A quick trip to the tall pines of east Texas brought some pine cone hunting. We gathered a small bag to use in the coming months. While I am still not ready to make mole, drink Mexican hot chocolate or start baking yet, I have picked up the needles to knit August a new sweater. Things are winding down.





4 Comments:

Blogger likeschocolate said...

Not the case in Georgia! It has been so hot; however, here in Europe it is sunny but slightly chilly. Have a great weekend!

Saturday, September 12, 2015  
Blogger likeschocolate said...

Dont know if my message went through. Georgia is still pretty hot; however, Europe is sunny and slightly chilly. Have a great weekend.

Saturday, September 12, 2015  
Blogger Francesca said...

you make the ending of summer sound rather sweet - a quiet time of reading, Miffy and knitting.

Sunday, September 13, 2015  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

yey! good knitting!! i've picked up on crochet, but also haven't. i'm stuck at intentions... n♥

Sunday, October 18, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home