Garden Past

Yesterday evening I had a sudden yearning for the place we call The Garden, one of the community gardens in town. It was 7pm and we were on our way to pick up a few groceries for dinner. Instead we passed the grocery store and decided on a late dinner of various frozen pizzas so we could spend some time at The Garden before the sun set.

We wondered around in the heat of the setting sun, the orange light making us and the flowers glow. I remembered that light. The same golden show from a setting sun in my grandparent's back yard. I'd look and my Granpo would be walking back to the house, the sun in my eyes giving him an aura of colors. I waited for him to go inside where Granmo would have some Mexican cookies in a box at the table.

Wandering the garden I felt close to the things I love. I don't know if it's always this way there or if I was gifted a moment. Grateful, we got in the truck and headed to the grocery store with the sound of cicadas ushering me out of the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home