Minutiae

She enjoys the backyard with the hens, bunnies and the little puppy that drops by every now and then to play.  She can be found chasing butterflies with a net and bug house. Once a week I give her an empty main street, full of buildings that she finds tall and towering, as she strolls about with her dolls in a buggy. We regularly dine out at our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, where we have our corner table, order the same delicious dish and listen to our favorite musician play the tunes we love.

I feel more Texan in this place. I feel more authentic. I am plugged into the ancient energy that radiates from the petroglyphs. Still, I mourn the city, the illusion of a good life. We could not afford it, we could not make it to every event, we could not have a yard filled with all the happiness we do here. Sill, I do mourn, however, less and less. But on Friday evening, hearing Perfidia performed on the piano, seeing my child singing and dancing, having completed a fulfilling week at work, I could only be thankful for this opportunity.

Every morning this week, at 5:38 am, the moon shined so brightly, it was almost bothersome. The weather is changing. We  have met a real cowboy who tells us about raising goats and knows how to fix things. We heard Beto O'Rourke and the Castro brothers speak down the street from our house, shook their hands, told them what we wanted for our country and briefly spoke about single motherhood. My head is full of inspirations and projects I would like to carry out. My child doesn't want to return to the city and I have found it too far a drive, lately. After all the moving I did, driving back and forth 4 hours each way six times in two weeks, I am still exhausted.

People make a place and I didn't feel I fit in before, not sure I do now, but I the difference is I don't care. I don't know how long we will be here. I'd like to find a place of like minded souls with an optimistic feel to the days. I have been to small towns that just don't feel good. I have been to cities that feel amazing and Baltimore, MD along with Pittsburgh, PA did just that. Maybe we can end up there. Rolling stones h=gather no moss. My kid likes moss, she tries to grow it. A lot to think about.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home