Made our cake and ate it too!















Birthday Month is over and we enjoyed ourselves. It was three weeks of cake beginning with our traditional Easter Lamb Cake made from a vintage cake mold I purchased at an estate sale. Then August said she would make me a three layer cake and she more than succeeded. It was amazing! It was based on the Momofuku Milk Bar Cake. She followed the recipe found online. For her birthday I ordered a cake from Milk Bar to celebrate her big milestone birthday. Unlike the one I ordered myself last year, to celebrate my big year, hers was the larger one! Friends sent us flowers, cookies and special sweet treats. The month went by slowly and each day we noticed a new sprout or bloom, a surprise burst of color or flower as the spring finally unfolded in this dusty dry town. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home